10 July 2008

I am a Monk Lock

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/string_theory.png

Going to the Monastery this weekend in Three Rivers, MI. Those poems I published in the last blog post were written after my experience visiting the monastery last Fall. I went with Rena, Remy, Dan Bethel, and Ben Wright for Labor Day weekend. It was really nice. This time I'm going with Joanna, Thad, Rena, Shelly, and Dan. I am anticipating a good weekend, although I am really quite tired and I don't know that I'll be able to get a lot of sleep. Perhaps, if we go to bed early.

I really like the monastic lifestyle. Having 7 services a day is fantastic. It focuses the mind and puts you into a rhythm that includes God in a way that other lifestyles do not allow. I should go to an Anglican seminary. Wouldn't that be neat?

No comments: